Neighborhood Community Development Intern
Organization: Washington University Medical Center Redevelopment Corporation (WUMCRC)
Location: 4400 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO
Organization Overview: Since 1973, WUMCRC, a partnership between BJC Health Care and Washington University School of Medicine, has worked to improve the quality of life for the neighborhoods surrounding the medical campus. In order to achieve this goal WUMCRC works in both the Central West End and Forest Park Southeast neighborhoods to improve the level of physical and personal security, enhance and maintain the market for private investment in businesses and real estate, and offer a complete array of human and social service opportunities.
- Assist project coordinator in WUMC neighborhood community development initiatives for targeted neighborhoods.
- Create monthly development updates for targeted neighborhoods.
- Create and update development tracking databases.
- Create and update 3D massing projects utilizing Sketch Up software.
- Create and update Real Estate transaction databases
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Working towards a college degree in Urban Planning, Social Work, Public Administration or related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Prior Geographic Information System (GIS) experience.
- Experience with websites, social media programs, and creating newsletters.
Position: Internship/Part‐Time (up to 20 hours/week independent contractor)
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to Luke Henson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please call Brian Phillips at (314) 747‐2335.