WUMCRC is looking for a new Neighborhood Safety & Security Intern! Click Here to view a complete job description.
• Assist project coordinator in WUMC neighborhood security initiatives for targeted neighborhoods.
• Create weekly and monthly crime maps, statistics, alerts and presentations
. • Review crime trends and current supplemental patrol strategies.
• Research innovate crime‐related initiatives, grants, strategies and solutions.
• Update neighborhood safety and security website (www.fpsesafe.wordpress.com).
• Occasionally meet with neighborhood stakeholders and provide assistance with Neighborhood Ownership Model (http://www.circuitattorney.org/NeighborhoodOwnershipModel.aspx).
• Assist in coordination of security providers and Neighborhood Security Initiative (www.cwensi.com).
• Performs other duties as assigned. Preferred Qualifications (not required):
• Working towards a college degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software.
• Prior Geographic Information System (GIS) experience.
• Experience with websites, social media programs, and creating newsletters.
Position Type: Internship/Part‐Time (20 hours/week independent contractor)
Contact Info: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions please call Ashley Johnson at (314) 747‐2336.